Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lost Virginity.

Yes, you read that right. On this date, I, Yuen Weng Yue Alvin, have officially lost my virgnity..for my eyebrows. My eyebrows were meticulously shaped and tweezed into the neat form there are in now, after Liling brought me to Little India to have them threaded. It happened so fast, a mere 5 minutes from the point I stepped into the small crowded room smelly faintly of hair oil to where I left, tears welling from my eyes and with my wallet $5 lighter. Ok, not my wallet, Liling's actually. She paid for it. Don't get me wrong, I went willingly for the threading. Well, you only live once and it doesn't hurt to try new things..right? Actually in this case it bloody hurt, it took a decent amount of self control not to flinch and show any signs of weakness to the bemused lady AND ALL THE SMALL KIDS IN THE ROOM whom I presumed were part of her extended family...stress leh. Anyway my brows still sting slight, and its been 5 hours? Anyway the girlfriend likes it so I guess it's all worth it.

Went to Gayatri Restaurant that for dinner, a really homely place which serves this really MAX fish head curry for only $10. We were pretty lucky as it's a special offer for Mondays and Wednesdays so we had to order it. You don't go against fate when it throws cheap and good fish head curry your way. We also had the tandoori chicken, garlic and cheese naan, mee goreng and gobi dry, which is basically fried cauliflower. Really, really good stuff. The waitress was really friendly as well and helped sneaked us a plate of free chicken curry for our naan. What a lovely lady! No pictures cos we gobbled up everything in record time. Daaamn shiok.

Anyway, it's that time of the year again, when the NUS Sports Awards arrives. Somehow of late I've been hearing a lot of stuff about the Dragon Boat Team, the usual stuff again as nothing really changes year to year. I'm not going to go into details here, if you've been doing sports in NUS you should have some sort of idea what I'm talking about. What is surprising though is that I'm hearing all these stuff from various people who do not know one another, and these people are more or less saying the same thing about SRC's favourite team. Oh well, what I've learned over these 4 years is that life is unfair sometimes, and management can be pretty stubborn about certain things. Arguements have been had, heated words have been exchanged, hopes have been dashed and tears have been shed, (damn drama hor? haha) but at the end of the day, I say we just play the sports that we love, and ignore all these things.

Though I wonder, when will he name of the sports gym be changed to: "THE DRAGON BOAT GYM", especially since they seem to be hogging it all the time. That would be a sight! haha!