Friday, October 31, 2008

Glow Baby Glow!

"Good morning..Good morning..Good morning..Good morning.." was what Kanye West greeted a packed indoor stadium on a warm and humid Wednesday night, sending the entire crowd into a frenzy. A photo-taking frenzy none the less. Camera flashes started going off non stop from all over the stadium, like fireworks on national day. Sibei fierce leh!

I had the good fortune of having Kossy as a friend, who generously offered me tickets to catch the man himself, Mr Kanye West at his Glow in the Dark Tour. Free concerts rock!



Didn't expect much since I'm not really a fan, but I must say the man knows how to work the crowd, and the stage: He was literally jumping and prancing all over for almost 2 hours like an Energizer bunny overdosing on steroids, dishing out all his hit songs.


Had went to the concert expecting to sit down, relac-one-corner and take in the music as I wasn't very familiar with his songs, but halfway through we were all standing up and cheering like a bunch of young secondary school girls, responding wildly to his calls of "Put your hands up! uh!", which was said with more manliness than James Lye could ever muster as a cop in Triple Nine (if you know what I'm talking about, that means you're getting old, just like me. Or you could be a James Lye groupie).

MTV VJ Utt was seated a few rows below us, the dude looked quite lonely waving a flash stick and jiving to the music all by himself, while his date sat there looking emotionless. I don't think he'll be going with her to any concerts in future. And neither will the kid seated in front of me who was happily playing his Nintendo DS lite during the encore. What a burn.

Now all I've got to do is hope I get to go for Rihanna. hurhur.